As we have seen so many celebrities have been victims of Smartphone hacking, it is clear that nobody is immune to hacking. Starting from big names in the entertainment industry to recent CIA leaked documents, every incident has led to serious concerns regarding the safety and privacy of a Smartphone owner. When playing online casinos, you must play through reputed australia online casino sites so that your phone is safe from hackers.
There are several types of phone hacking techniques; it can be hacking into a live chat or through voicemail and secretly gaining access to the data stored on one’s Smartphone. In today’s mobile world, phone hacking has grown significantly, becoming a severe security issue. As people tend to keep confidential or sensitive data on their mobile phones, the chance to exploit privacy weaknesses is more tempting to unscrupulous opportunistic hackers or someone we know.
Hackers often create trouble by deleting data or installing malicious software to steal bank account logins and confidential business emails once they gain unauthorized access to the device. So, here are a few methods that can protect our Smartphone devices from hackers to keep our data and mental peace intact.
Basic Guidelines to Protect Smartphone:
There are some basic rules to start when it comes to avoiding simple hacking efforts:
- Don’t leave the phone unattended or out of your sight, especially when you are in a public place or surrounded by many people.
- Set a complex passcode for your Smartphone. Every phone comes with a predictable default passcode. Don’t let anyone use this loophole to their advantage.
- Keep an eye on your device’s Bluetooth Security. Don’t use unprotected Bluetooth networks, and you must turn off the Bluetooth feature when you aren’t using it.
- To protect your credit card safe, keep your PIN and Credit Card data stored in a secret place instead of holding them in your Smartphone.
- Don’t use unprotected open Wifi as hackers in your nearby location can read your emails or steal passwords and even hijack your login details.
Advanced Methods to Prevent Phone Hacking
- If you’re still worrying about Smartphone hacking, there are a few additional steps you can follow to protect yourself.
- Turn off the auto-complete feature of your Smartphone. This will help you to prevent stored confidential data from being accessed.
- Regularly clear browsing history, cookies, and cache. Deleting your virtual footprint is necessary to minimize the amount of data that can be theft by hackers.
- iPhone owners can enable the “Find My iPhone” feature on the settings. This feature will help to locate the handset before the hackers get it.
- Install a security app to ensure protection. For Android users, Webroot is an excellent all-in-one Mobile Security app that offers antivirus protection. It allows the Smartphone owner to remotely locate, lock up and wipe all phone data when they lose track of it. iOS users can also use Webroot apps as it also provides a free secure web browser for enhanced mobile security on iPhone and iPad.
- Install reliable antivirus software on smartphones or tablets, which can provide security against malware or other viruses.